Call for Volunteers
Here at WordCamp Chicago, we’re all about giving back to the community and fact is, we wouldn’t be able to do that successfully were it not for the commitment and support of our amazing WordCamp volunteers. Please accept our sincere gratitude in advance to all you would-be volunteers!
So you’re planning on attending WordCamp Chicago 2013 in June. Awesome! Maybe you’re a veteran and this is your 20th WordCamp but you love them so much you can’t stay away. Or maybe you’re a “newbie” but would love the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and get a “behind the scenes” look at what it takes to create a great WordCamp! The only prerequisite to volunteering here at WordCamp Chicago is you are #1 reliable and #2 friendly! Easy peasy!
I can confidently say that volunteering your time and services to the WordCamp Chicago event will prove to be one of the smartest and rewarding decisions you’ll make. As in any non-profit organization, volunteers are the foundation of the community. WordCamp volunteers continue to volunteer because:
- They love to meet and have fun with other WordPress addicts or people new to the community!
- The learning opportunities double when you are behind the scenes! There are lots of core developers in attendance that really enjoy sitting down and helping other WP users out… gratis
- The brainstorming and networking opportunities are endless. Seriously.
- Enjoy the camaraderie and networking experienced not only during the conferences but at the after-parties as well!
- We’re in Chicago during the summer for goodness sake!
- You get a sweet extra ‘Volunteer’ shirt made just for you! (in addition to the regular WordCamp shirt)
Bottom line is that volunteering at WordCamp Chicago is like the gift that keeps on giving. There are always new things going on in the WordPress community. Simply by participating, you’ll have a great opportunity to learn even more about this dynamic group of people, establish solid relationships, stay up to date on future WordPress developments and become part of the diverse publishing culture that is WordPress.
Obviously volunteering for WordCamp Chicago is a win/win situation but we sincerely appreciate your time and commitment. As an expression of our gratitude we are extending a $20.00 coupon code to those that go above and beyond the call of duty. If you work more than 6 hours we will give you $20 off the regular ticket price.*
A volunteer coordinator will be contacting you with more details following receipt of application.
So what are the volunteer needs and time commitments and where do you sign up?
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the trenches!
WordCamp Chicago 2013
* Please note that we are not able to refund the $20.00 in the event your ticket is purchased prior to volunteering. Make sure to hold off on registering for your ticket until you hear from our Volunteer Coordinator!
** Additionally, if you are planning to volunteer for Friday, please only register using the General Admission ticket. If you are planning to attend the tracks and not volunteer on Friday, then simply choose which track you want to attend (this helps us keep our capacity in check).